Itahari Model School
Itahari Model School
Bagaichha Tole, Itahari-4, Sunsari, Nepal
- Bagaichha Tole, Itahari-4, Sunsari
- Bagaichha Tole, Itahari-4, Sunsari, Nepal ,Bagaichha Tole, Itahari-4
- Bagaichha Tole, Itahari-4
- [email protected]
IMS is On 24th YEAR IN ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
Itahari Model Secondary School is an independent Co-educational English Medium Residential School in Itahari, Sunsari, Nepal.
The founder of Itahari Model Secondary School Mr. Gyanendra Dahal pioneered the start of Nepali English medium Co-educational schools in Itahari of Sunsari District in the year 2052 B.S (1995 A.D).
Itahari Model Secondary School has currently entered into the 25th year of gratifying service to the people of Itahari, founded in the presence and motivation of Mr. Gyanendra Dahal’s father who has been an Anthropologist, the noble literate, and author of the first book written in Nepali from Assam and a dozen more notable books, Mr. Dharanidhar Dahal, in the year 1995, since then the school has grown from 110 students and a single building to over six hundred and fifty students with adequate infrastructure. The new infrastructure includes a basketball stadium, standard hostel, spacious sporting grounds, and a well stocked library.
The school was named Model, after having a thought to be the model among other schools in Itahari of Sunsari District. The strength is evident in its support for the hardworking teachers and generations of brilliant students. The school is renowned for its academic standing and leadership building qualities.
WHY IS ITAHARI MODEL SEC. SCHOOL DIFFERENT?
Beyond boundaries we hope to establish Universal Brotherhood through our motto that is ‘Teamwork for Society!
Identifying IMS as a model Institution that emphasizes on oneness amidst children from diverse ethnic, culture and religious faith.
Learning outside the classroom is also given more importance – Learning by doing!
More freedom is given to the children to motivate asking questions boldly, to criticize and live without fear of education in the campus.
- To encourage children to become passionate, lifelong learners and confident global citizens.
- To meet each individual learner’s potential.
- To facilitate smooth preschool transitions.
- To create and support ongoing educational opportunities for teachers, staff, parents and care providers.
- To provide early childhood education for preschool-aged children with their peers in a happy, nurturing and safe environment.
- We believe no child should be excluded or disadvantaged from getting education because of his/her ethnicity, culture, religion, home language or family background.
- We consider in building positive relationships with all practitioners, working together in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect in which children can grow, learn and have fun in secured and confident environment.
- We trust in supporting the development of each child in their knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- We aim to provide practical opportunities for both indoor and outdoor learning.
- We provide children with a practical, innovative and modern education using an integrated teaching approach with an intense focus on all-round development of children.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
Our ultimate aim is to encourage academic excellence and at the same time fostering individual talents in Sports and all other activities as to those which suit each individual’s interests.
Discipline, Integrity, and Responsibility are to be inculcated thorough observation of each student as an individual.
How do we work at achieving our objectives?
- Faculty-student interaction is motivated in order to improve the student as one whole being
- Surplus time is spent with children whose reading, handwriting and speaking skills have to be improved.
- Evening and Special classes for students taking up Government Exams.
- Special Education through hours of intensive coaching for the slow learners, and with weaker students.
- Counseling is done by the School Vice Principal, Coordinator, Experienced teachers and by the Founder-cum-Principal too.
- Our plan to make an Indoor Stadium is going to be the only one of its kind in Itahari.