Kantipur Engineering College
Kantipur Engineering College
Dhapakhel, Lalitpur, Nepal
In recent times, a good deal of anxious attention has been paid, all over the world, to the utter significance and direct influence of science and technology on our modern lifestyle. Twenty first century is indeed identified as the age of science and technology. Moreover, the progress of any country in the contemporary world depends entirely upon the improvement made by it in the field of technology. In this context, engineering education plays a meaningful and substantial role that cannot be excluded.
Of late, the Institute of Engineering was the only institute responsible for imparting engineering education in Nepal which alone could not fulfill the growing demands of our nation. A large sum of national currency drifted out of the country in the name of engineering education.
With these facts in mind, Kantipur Engineering College, abbreviated as KEC was established in 1998 with BE program in Civil Engineering in a rented building at Sitapaila Chowk, Kathmandu. Besides, the college in 1999 in collaboration with the University of Belarus, started a BE program in Civil and Industrial Engineering under Extra-Mural faculty of the Polotsk State University, Belarus. With a specific objective of imparting quality education, in 1999 the college shifted to its own complex at Dhapakhel, Lalitpur, a location best suited for engineering education inside Kathmandu Valley with peaceful and pollution free environment. The college started BE in Computer Engineering and BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering from 2000 and 2002, respectively. KEC endeavors to fabricate accomplished and capable engineers proficient enough to face the dynamic changes of the present century at a relatively tenable cost. BE in Electrical Engineering and Bachelor in Architecture are in pipeline.
KEC is a second oldest private engineering college of Nepal and is affiliated to Tribhuvan University. Today Kantipur Engineering College is one of the best engineering colleges of Nepal in terms of quality engineering education, peaceful and pollution free environment, own physical infrastructure, and international linkage.
Vision, Mission And Objectives
Develop the college as a center of excellence for engineering education in Nepal and South-East Asia.
KEC attempts to serve the people of Nepal in order to enhance the infrastructure development of the country by imparting quality engineering education, carrying applied research and producing competent engineering manpower.
KEC has been established with the primary objectives to:
- Produce proficient, qualified and socially responsible engineering manpower required to face the challenges of the country in the new millennium.
- Develop the college as a research and resource center so as to initiate research activities to strengthen engineering potentialities and to solve problems related to the areas of engineering in the country.
- Provide opportunities to the citizens of Nepal willing to get engineering education in different fields at affordable cost.
- Launch different programs to integrate educational and developmental activities.
- Serve as a sustained center for imparting engineering education so as to update and upgrade the existing engineering manpower.