Laxmi Bank Ltd. was incorporated in April 2002 as the 16th commercial bank in Nepal. In 2004 Laxmi Bank merged with HISEF Finance Limited, a first generation financial company which was the first merger in Nepali corporate history. Further, the bank acquired Professional Diyalo Bikas Bank in January 2017, a class “B” development bank.
Today, through its branches and a host of IT enabled channels, the Bank serves a wide range of customers. Despite a relatively short history, Laxmi Bank has emerged as a major player across all business lines – retail, midmarket, corporate, infrastructure and treasury. The Bank is widely recognized as one of the best-managed banks in Nepal with high standards of corporate governance culture, risk-management systems and a strong technology.
Laxmi Bank’s microfinance subsidiary – Laxmi Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Ltd, a category D financial institution licensed by Nepal Rastra Bank is in operation since 2012.
Similarly, Laxmi Bank’s investment banking subsidiary – Laxmi Capital Market Ltd, licensed by the Securities Board of Nepali’s offering various merchant and investment banking services since February 2009. Laxmi Capital also manages Laxmi Value Fund – 1 and Laxmi Equity Fund, the two Mutual Funds sponsored by Laxmi Bank, both of which are listed and traded at the Nepal Stock Exchange.
The Bank closed the previous financial year 2018/19 with a balance sheet size of NPR 102 billion that includes deposits and risk assets of NPR 86.87 billion and NPR 78.46 billion respectively. All key financial indicators of the Bank are well within prudential and regulatory norms.
We will be the Bank of choice for a growing, vibrant Nepal – reaching and enriching households, businesses and communities.
- We believe relationships are more important than transactions and will strive to offer the best customer experience keeping our clients at the front and center in order to realize their economic potential.
- We will expand physically and digitally to allow customers to access us through the channel of their choice and leverage technology to help make banking smart, simple and secure.
- We believe in responsible banking and adopt high standards of governance, transparency, ethics and integrity across the company.
- We understand our responsibilities extend beyond financial services and will actively invest in the communities where we operate and work towards being a green company reducing our carbon footprint for a sustainable future.
- We will use the power of people and ideas to create sustainable value to all our stakeholders through one engaged and empowered team.
Laxmi Bank is a Category ‘A’ Financial Institution and re-registered in 2006 under the “Banks and Financial Institutions Act” of Nepal. The bank’s shares are listed and actively traded on the Nepal Stock Exchange (NEPSE).
Laxmi Bank Current Stock Information
|Last Traded Price (Rs.)||220.00|
|Change (Rs.) and (%)||-2(-0.90)|
|Total Listed Shares||89,205,088.00|
|Paid Up Value (Rs.)||100|
|Total Paid Up Value (Rs.)||8,920,508,800.00|
|Closing Market Price (Rs.)||220.00|
|Market Capitalization (Rs.)||19,625,119,360.00|