Lamatar, Sanepa, Lalitpur, Nepal
Established in March of 1989, Shuvatara School which provides day and residential classes from grade I to X is unique in its own ways. It not only provides quality education but also guides them in exploring their imagination and sharpening their thinking skills. The students are educated in a supportive and caring environment. They are encouraged to have a feeling of respect for others and themselves and to challenge themselves and become young leaders. Everybody involved with the school; teaching faculty, management and staff, all work hard to create an inclusive and engaging learning environment for students.
Education provided at Shuvatara is equivalent to education provided around the world. It has been meeting up with its objective to produce students enthusiastic to learn and to help others through an active social conscience. Shuvatarians have brought up the standards of education in the country due to their unique spirit and constant progression towards higher values and commitment.
Shuvatara aims to bridge the gaps in the Nepali education system and provide students with creative, caring and well-rounded education. The school intents to guide young minds to be globally competitive while still being connected to their roots The learning environment at Shuvatara rewards effort and progress and builds not only academic strength but also the ability to reflect and make decisions, and be responsible towards one’s community.
Unlike many other educational institutes, Shuvatara aims to produce all-rounder rather than experts in academics only. The school aims to create scientists with compassion, businessmen with ethics, thinkers and change-makers with logic to bring positive change in the society.
The mission of the school is to prepare leaders who are exposed to creativity but are rooted to reality to serve the society with their diverse talents, responsibility and commitment.
The objectives of the school are:
- To inspire and encourage learning and develop a sense of joy in learning by a wide range of library resources, supportive classroom environment and trained and caring teachers.
- To develop skills like communication, teamwork and creativity through extra-curricular activities and co-curricular activities like book weeks, community projects, quizzes, poetry, theatre etc.
- To monitor progress closely through weekly assessments and personal growth through counseling and remedial classes.
- To encourage each student to develop a healthy self-image, self-confidence and self-discipline.
- To develop appreciation of multicultural art, music, dance, language and customs and take interest in practicing and performing these art forms.
- To develop a keen interest in community building and sharing of resources through regular sister-school and other fundraising and awareness raising activities.